SEO for YouTube, How to Search Optimize Youtube Video
SEO for YouTube, How to Search Optimize Youtube Video :-
Youtube is the second largest search engine. A lot of people are doing SEO for Google – which usually ends up with Bing and Yahoo rankings following suit. What we fail to see is that Youtube SEO can gain you far more search traffic than Yahoo and Bing does. So if you’re not doing Youtube SEO, you’re missing out.
First thing’s first – you need a Video
Here are some statistics to start with:
- 3.7 Billion Youtube searches per day as of March 2010 according to comScore
- 48 Hours worth of Video uploaded every minute on May 2011
- More than 3 Billion views every day
- 13 million hours worth of video uploaded in 2010 alone
- 700 billion video playbacks in 2010
- Youtube owns 10% of the entire Internet Traffic
Applying SEO to your Youtube Video
There are two categories in Youtube ranking factors. There’s your Video Content and then there’s your User Engagement. These two things make up pretty much most of your Youtube SEO. You see, Youtube’s search engine does not work like how Google does. Youtube’s search engine cannot directly tell if your keywords are inside the video. It cannot directly tell if your video is relevant to the tags you put in. So what exactly does it use to know which videos rank first?
Video Content Factors
- Channel Authority
- Content Delivery
User Engagement Factors
- Inbound Links
- Social Shares
- Comments / Responses
- Like (Thumbs Up), Thumbs Down and Favorites
This is the foundation of your video’s Youtube SEO. It deals with all factors under your control as the publisher – much like how on-site optimization is to SEO.